• In the Spotlight:

What is the best way to generate leads for my at home businesses?

I am trying to run two at home businesses. One of them is a direct sales company and the other is just showing others how they can do the same thing. But I don't know how to get people to check out my website and if they do to leave their information so that I can call them to talk to them about the wonderful company that I work for. I just started the web based company at the beginning of the month and I have my starter party for my direct sales on Saturday and I am nervous about getting the bookings that I need to keep it going. Any advice for either of these. Thanks.

mwallace1023

Asked by mwallace1023 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Advertise, advertise, advertise.

As far as getting people to leave their info. You might want to install a comment box or ask people to e-mail if they want more info or have them sign up for a newsletter.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The website was provided by the group that I am with and I can't change anything about it. As far as a news letter I don't think there is one from the company unless I right one myself and I don't know if I am allowed to do that. I have spent a lot of time using social networking sites and also craiglist but that is all I know to do. I group leader is telling me to contact my friends but I don't really have any outside of the internet that I see in person.
    mwallace1023

Comment by mwallace1023 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Is this for Mela? I did that for 2 years, you really just have to be consistent about bouncing on the Net if that is all you are using...its really hard and consistency and persisitency are the only things that will keep it afloat...When I stopped working it, and focused on what I do now 17 people Dropped.
    I always suggest you pick UP TO 3 sites to start that you are comfortable with and really work...ESTABLISH friendships, its not just about the buck..that is when it clicks when people realize Network marketing is truly about helping others.
    Pick 3 sites focus ont heose you speak with and find commonalities and go from there.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• okay, at your show this weekend be sure to be friendly, polite and ask for the sale. Be careful and understand that some companies are so expensive that people become shell shocked and buy the cheapest thing in the catalog out of a sense of obligation...so hopefully you picked a company with reasonable, affordable prices. But ask everyone there if they'd like to host and earn free products.

Then when you can go to vistaprint.com and order free business cards, postcards or rack cards, a t-shirt, everything you can (just pay shipping). On t-shirts or lawn signs have it say "I sell ________! Ask me for a FREE sample xxx-xxxx"

Leave business cards, postcards/rack cards everywhere you can: bulletin boards, laundry mats, salons, waiting rooms, inside related books at the library, and try to book more or get sales. Anyone who comes to you, ge their name and number and CALL them for a party or order.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I do a booking game as I give my presentation. I had out 3 samples (depending on # of guests). Each time I mention the company's name (or other key word) the first to shout it back gets to take whichever sample from whoever has it. If they want to book a party & have the sample that they want, they yell "book it" & they get to keep the sample & receive a full size at their show(ensures the show holds). This also keeps them listening to your presentation.

Another way to generate leads is to participate at craft & vendor shows. Holiday season is in full swing. I hold drawings for free pampering sessions. I call everyone who enters to let them know they won. Not everyone will take me up on it. I've had some that turned into parties.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You can leave flyers at grocery stores, childcare facilities; pretty much anywhere you'll find moms hanging out. If you give them incentive on those flyers (like a play date for the kids, fondue, sample/goodie bags etc.), you'll get more response.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Networking!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010