How many of you will donate yours organs after you pass away?

I would really like to, I'm not going to be using them anymore!

I smoked for One year, my SO said I couldn't donate them. Well I have other organs. lol

Anyway, my questions are, How do you qualify to be able to donate your organs after you pass away, and do YOU plan on donating them? Why or Why not?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am an organ donor. Hopefully I'll live to be a ripe old age and my organs will be too worn out from use to go to someone else. :-) But if not, why not let someone else use them if they can. I am not my body, so it's no skin off my back (pun intended). I'm a former smoker, too, and I've never heard that I couldn't donate. Hmmm....
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I won't be here to make that decision. Haven't thought of it Guess my family will have the last say. I just know that I'll have a new body in Heaven so therefore it doesn't matter to me.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I am listed as an organ donor on my license and everyone around me knows that I am willing to donate so they would allow it if it was an option.

It does not matter if you were a smoker or not, the surgeons will decide what they want to harvest from you.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• If there's anything worth salvaging after I die, then they can go to whomever needs them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Was it a hard decision to register to do it?

I have the registration form to do it, but for some reason I froze up and procrastinated. :(

Did you talk to your family and SO about it before you made the decision??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My father would not be alive today if it weren't for an organ donor. In all good conscience I couldn't NOT donate my organs. I'm a firm believer that this body is just a vehicle that my spirit is using to get around on this earth and after my spirit leaves the vehicle I won't need the organs any longer. I would be glad to know that I had extended and/or improved someone else's quality of life.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• yes i will
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 4:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• yes I will. If my death can help others, then by all means let it! They can use so much of the human body to help others!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 5:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Putting it on your license and filling out a donor registration form is all well and good, but it is imperative that you express your wishes to your immediate family and anyone who might be in a position to make decisions for you if you are ever seriously injured.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• umm absolutely NO WAY, we are all meant to die, so when your dead then that's it. not to mention that it is gross in my opioin having someone else's organs in me. we wasn't meant to live forever. DUH people
    Anonymous