PLEASE, what is the best way to treat chapped balls and butt of my precious 1 year old! adult content

It looks and I can tell by him how painful it is! I work weekends, and a few times when i pick him up from the sitter I notice the next day he has a lil butt rash but this time it's on his cute lil balls and its a lot worse. What are the best pain relieving remedies for this? my poor baby =(

Miss_Angela

Asked by Miss_Angela at 1:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• laying without a diaper will work best..for me the thick desitin was best..the original. that or vasiline. keep diaper changed, even if its barely soaked
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You should make sure your sitter is changing him enough and properly wiping.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Let him air out between changes... seriously - this helps better than anything... then apply the butt paste or baby powder before putting his diaper back on.
    awnryprincess

Answer by awnryprincess at 1:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Dr. Smiths Diaper ointment. It is about 7 bucks a jar..but it goes a very long way. If his diapers have elastic on the sides cut them in 3 or 4 places so his bottom gets more air. Next, I'd be finding a new sitter.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• usually wal mart carries something called dr smiths you have to ask the pharmacy its great we use that at the hospital i wk at
    ROBIN6

Answer by ROBIN6 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Bag Balm if it is available in your area, works wonders. It was originally used for cows udders and is natural and does a great job!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Corn starch works really well. It's better than most baby powders
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Try All-Natural Butt Paste.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Maybe your wipes are too astringent. Check the list of ingredients. Also could be the type of wipe material. Do you use any specific brand or have you changed brands. I know with pampers brand my children got hives.

For the dryer feel to heal first put on zinc oxide powder, it's pink.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• have you ever used marykay? products.. a friend of mine i know she gave me this certain oitment. it works wonders..
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010