How do you get kids to keep their clothes on?

Every time my three year old goes to the bathroom he comes out with no pants and underwear and i have to fight with him to put them back on. And sometimes when we're out in public he just pulls his pants down.

orangercow

Asked by orangercow at 4:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That must just be a 3 yr old thing. All 4 of my kids did it one doing it till today she's 3. I don't thik there's much you can do.
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem. We have special time during the evening when we have "naked time". So I tell them to put their pants back on until naked time and they usually do it without a problem b/c they know they get 30 mins later in the day of all naked time.....they SO look forward to it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My son turned 4 and he learned how to take off his t-shirt and under-shirt, so he goes naked. It's just a phase that they go through. Just have patience.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 5:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My kids like to be naked from time to time...I let them. We stay home most of the time and we don't have problems in public with them wanting to get naked.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my 3 yr old does that to. Except he has to take his shirt off too. At least I know when he has used the potty. So when I catch him naked, I just firmly say "Gabe, Go get your clothes", then he brings them to me, we get him dressed. Lately he just brings me his clothes right after. When he starts to take his clothes off in public, Thats when I ask him if he needs to go potty then we run to the potty...and he still insists on being naked to use the potty. Not sure how to get him to understand the he doesn't need to be 100% nude to pee...hopefully in time he will get it...I'm sure that it would make Jr High a little unbareable if he didn't!!!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2008