I guess I was rude...

My cousin (again) pulls up to my house in her new truck and I say "your truck is so big I bet it's a gas guzzler"! She practically jumps down my throat yelling at me that "I'm hating on her, don't be jealous, so what if it's a gas guzzler, she "has it like that"! She literally screamed this and more at me for a simple comment I made! Then she says you could of said "nice truck, congratulations you worked so hard for it"! So I handed her what she came to pick up, slammed my hand on her truck and say "Nice truck"! LOL and walk away. Haven't heard from her since and don't plan on speaking to her!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 2:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• It does seem alittle childish. But it sounds like she is the one that has a problem with it. It's like she has the truck and knows that people may think exactly what you said and she has a problem that. I think the same thing when I see people with great big trucks, I'm not judging but I wonder how can they afford the gas?? But people who go off like that usually have a security issue, just my opinion.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i think the whole senerio sounds childish and silly
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think both of you overreacted. That being said, if your relationship means anything to you, you should go and apologize.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Everybody likes to hear something positive when they are proud of what they have. Maybe throw in a nice comment before you point out the negative next time.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It was pretty rude to make a not-so-kind comment, I'm sure she was excited about her new truck, why couldn't you be supportive? Your comment makes me think you are a little jealous.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sounds like you both handled that poorly.
    Yes, you should've said "Nice Truck, congratulations" or something to that effect. I don't think you should've jumped right in with a negative comment about it. She shouldn't have reacted the way she did either, but hey when you feel offended you feel offended.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yikes! Even on my worst day I have never been that rude.( Sounds like something my daughter would say though. Thoughtless and rude. )
    BUT I must say that your cousin did overreact .....you both sound very immature and insensitive. Sorry, but you did ask.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sounds hormonal to me.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree, you probably didn't mean to be rude, but we all get excited about a new vehicle, you should have found something positive to say..it isn't about whether the truck is economical or not it's about being a supportive friend.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You could have bit your tongue.  But you spoke your mind. Who care if she did not like what you said. She will get over it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010