I got something in the mail...

I was wondering if it was a scam? You had to scratch the circle and match the lucky number...if it matched you win a couple prizes. It's for a car dealership, I'm just wondering if I should go there and get my prize, but I don't want to have to buy a car...haha Has anybody else done this? Or know of somebody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Shopping

• we got one from a local dealership once. no purchase was neccasarry and i didntt get pressured to buy a vehicle, but when i scratched off it said i won from $2-100. i went and with my code from the thing i only won $2. that was a bust lol
    ttfnt20

Answer by ttfnt20 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Their goal is to get you to purchase a car - they don't do things like this out of the goodness of their hearts. If it doesn't tell you what your prize is, it's probably some sort of discount off a car. If it does specify, my guess is that you "won" something cheap with the dealership name on it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You would probably get some little prize if you took it in, but of course, they will also pressure you to buy a car. They are car salesmen afterall.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's a crock of crap. We used to get those all the time.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's probably just a way to get you in there. They might really be giving out prizes though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• They are just trying to get you to come into the dealership so they can try and sell you a car.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• They'll probably make you test drive in order to get the prize.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• lol Car dealers do it all the time to get you to go there and then they do try getting you to buy a car. I even had in the mail from one of them a car key, that if it turned over the engine, I won the car lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We get those from time to time. It's just a way to get you to the car lot and then when you're there, they try to get you to buy a car.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's to lure you in to try and sell you a car.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010