What do you do when you get together with friends?

Our friends come over sometimes and we always have drinks play bored games or just sit around and chat while hubbys play the guitar. Then hubby and I were talking and he said "i wish our friends would just come over and watch TV"
He said it always seems like work when they come over we have to always do something. I told him I didnt think that would work because our friends come over to hang out have a few drinks and have fun, if they wanted to watch TV they could do that at home. Thoughts ladies.

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• we sit around and watch tv and drink coffee or play board games if we are going to drink I go to the bar I work at and drink there.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My two best friends and I all have kids around the same age, so we usually do something with them (playground, pumpkin patch, etc). But sometimes, we just hang out at my house, let the kids play in the yard, and sit around and talk (and talk and talk and talk....) On rare occasions, we let the men watch the kids, and go out for dinner and a movie.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sit around and talk, go to the movies, have bbq's and play card games.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Talk, mostly. Maybe have a glass of wine or a beer. That's about it lol. When my husband's friends come over usually they play video games or something but I'd rather shoot myself in the foot that watch that.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Friends? What are those? ;)
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We have BBQ's, play board games, play the wii, drink a few... just have a good time :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Since we moved into low income housing nobody bothers to come over...but when we had our house people came over and we would hang out around the kitchen center island, have beers/drinks and just talk, there were always to many kids running around to enjoy board games.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Talk.
    One of them is seperated and she thinks of things for my husband to do for her. Handywork jobs.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• we share weekends at eachothers places...one of our couples friends has a Dart board in their bar room and so we drink, eat and play darts. When they are at our house we bbq, drink and go accross the street for Kareoke night. and we go to another one of our couples house for bbq/dinner and then play cards (poker, Cinasta, or rummy), and it is like that for each of the couples we are friends with...every once in a while we will take a road trip to the canyon or such...it is fun
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Knit, talk...parallel play for adults (who don't like sweating next to people to get that paralle play gym time).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010