What are some finger sandwich recipes for kids?

My 4yr olds class is having a fall party I'm bringing the finger sandwiches the only idea I have is pb&j (no peanut allergy in his class) and to use a cookie cutters to make some fun shapes but I would like to make a variety of other sandwiches ...so does anyone have any kid friendly finger sandwich recipes?

n_o71605

Asked by n_o71605 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My son and I love cucumber sandwiches! We spread cream cheese on toast(you can just use non-toasted bread if you're not going to eat it right away), layer on thinly sliced cucumbers(without the peel), sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Soooo easy, good and fresh. YUM! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I made cream cheese and strawberry jam sandwiches for my twin's birthday party. I used spreadable whipped cream cheese and added a little Splenda and vanilla extract before spreading it on the bread. You can easily cut them just like the PB&J sandwiches. The kids who tried it liked it, but the PB&J sandwiches disappeared much faster. My kids also like very basic ham & cheese sandwiches on french bread.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Blah oops, sorry I was thinking of a different sandwich(I'm hungry lol), not oregano but DILL.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My kids love tuna salad or egg salad, or tuna with egg mixed in. Ham & cheese. Turkey and cheese. Roast beef and cheese. If you have dried beef available to you: microwave 2lbs Velveeta, chunked, with a can of evaporated milk, til you can easily mix it all together. Stir in 1-2 beaten eggs - stir fast, as the heat will cook the eggs and you don't want chunks of cooked egg. Chop up 1lb of dried beef and stir in. Spread on bread or buns. You can do it with ham too but it's not as good.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• At 4 none of my kids would eat anything but PB & J. Honestly, I would just stick with that.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I found for cutting in shapes I used flour tortillas instead of bread.We were big on turkey and cheese or ham and cheese.Some years cutting sliced cheese from the deli and tortillas separately was fun.Orange/yellow cheese and pumpkin/jack o lantern cookie cutter was very cute with tortilla cut the same. I could cut more tortillas at once when stacked and they didn't tear like bread can.Plus the kids thought they were fun.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Paminto and Cheese...tuna...chicken salad...ham and cheese, turkey...
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010