Wow, firefighters share graphic video of girls lifeless body,,,thoughts?

Grieving parents Jeff and Lucretia Kempson say they are devastated that first responders to a highway crash allegedly took cell phone video of their daughter’s lifeless body and carelessly shared it among friends. They say seeing the footage “was too terrible to put into words.”

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39737093/ns/today-today_people/

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh my gosh. My heart breaks for that family. What an awful and unprofessional thing for those people to do. They should be ashamed of themselves. I'd be super pi***** if someone did that to one of my children. I hope they have a good lawyer.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• And THAT'S where lawsuits should come into play.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That is horrid..those poor parents
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That is sick. How sad for those parents. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• How sickening and horrifying for her parents to have to relive their child's death. I would hope that the parents have some recourse but with how tech advanced our world becomes our laws don't seem to keep up with the need to retain dignity in cases like these. I am a firm believer in Karma and I wouldn't want to be standing next to any of those involved in a lightening storm. What sort of heartless SOB wants to relive the death of a child?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I do think the laws against snuff films could be used to prosecute the owner of the footage. I do feel that the footage was done with self gratification in mind, be it a .... hey look at this or worst.

First responders have a hard job and many become hardened to the realities of the job. I'm not upset or concerned about the causal atmosphere of conversation but a lack of doing their job properly. Every person should have been checked for vitals. Respect should have been maintained. No video footage should have been shot by the first responders. That is for the police and corner's office to decide if and when that is to be done in documenting the scene. Those who shot the footage did not do their job and should be fired.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Wow! Thats AWFUL :( Those poor parents! How did they find out!??? Were they doing it in FRONT of them??
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thats a horrible thing to do but you can't have laws for every freaking thing you find offensive. If they find out who did it he should lose his job or position if he is a volunteer. That BIL should not have sent it to them and they most likely would never have known it was there. That girl was just another face to most who saw the video.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• heartless is accurate!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• People disgust me sometimes with how inhuman, disrespectful and careless they can be. This is just sick. I think there should definitely be a law or something to prevent things like this from happening. I think there's actually a website somewhere that's just for things like this (videos and pictures of horrific, typically gruesome and bloody, accidents).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010