Working full time and thinking about another child

I have a DS who's 19 months. I work from 8-5 every day and spend an hour and a half more a day commuting. So, I'm basically exhausted already. I'm already 30, and...let's be honest...I only have a few years left and my husband and I would like another baby.

I don't know if I can handle it, but I never thought I'd be able to handle one, either, and I'm fine. Feedback? Stories? Please? HELP?

crystalbean2

Asked by crystalbean2 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ask yourself these questions: How "addicted" to your job are you? Financially or otherwise? What is MOST important in LIFE to you...(you've only got a dash between the dates on a tombstone...). What can you do to accomplish that? Which will serve the purpose better? How do you want your life to go? Follow the passion.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 30 is nothing! I had my first child at 37, and am now pregnant with my second (at 39).... I too work full time, and since I'm REALLY running out of time, we decided to go for it. Yes, it'll be hectic and hard and all that, but I think in the end, it will be worth it :)

And let's face it, if you're going to wait for the exact "right time", that day would probably never come...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son was almost 5 when we decided to have another baby. I'm due any day now... I still work, but was able to move my office home. So, for me, it has worked out good so far. It's still hard trying to work as much as I can, meet my deadlines and still take care of the family and house. With a new baby, I'm just hoping I can still manage it all.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's up to you and your Hubby. God has a plan for everyone. You'll find a way to manage. I had my kids 19 months apart. They're now 3 years and almost 20 months. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Best Wishes!

www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You can do it!! I worked FT throughout my second pregnancy right up until I got induced at 42 weeks and went back to work 5 weeks after I had our daughter, breastfeeding & all. It requires a lot of planning and you'll have to sacrifice some things (like having any time to yourself :) !!) but it's definitely possible!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• there is never a perfect time...go for it. my kids are 17 months apart and it was hard. my next child was 4 years later and man it was much easier. i say wait until your child is 2 then start trying :) good luck
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's all up to you and your DH. It can be done, it's happening every day. It depends on how bad you want it. Just remember God doesn't put more on us than we can handle.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010