Attire for Family pictures at the beach...

We're having family pictures taken this weekend at a local beach. I'm planning on wearing black shirts & jeans. Is that a good combo for beach pictures, or should we go with different color tops? I plan on using some of the pictures of our Christmas cards.

Thanks in advance.

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 2:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• The jeans are good. But black tops is not good for the photos. White would work, unless you are all pale, pale pale. Someother light color would be good.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't do black -- maybe khakis and white button down shirts for everyone, or jeans & white shirts. Since it's at a beach you kind of want a "casual" vibe. I think that would look really cute if everyone matched!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wouldnt wear black. White would be best or a light blue would look good as well. At a beach light colors work better for pictures. Have fun with your pics!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would agree, all black would make me a little depressed, heh. But if you're going to use some of them for Christmas cards, why not take some Santa hats with you too?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Red tops would be good to use with Christmas photos...

Answer by older at 2:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The black top will not look good in a beach photo. White looks great with jeans. Also red is very flattering, as is blue. It will look best if everyone is in the same color or co-ordinating solid colors, no prints, stripes or plaids. We live at the beach and it's a favorite place for photos to be made.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yikes.... I already bought us all black tops. LOL! I mainly wanted black to slim me down a bit. :-) I guess I'll have to find another color.

Thanks Ladies!
    mommy2joeynabby

Comment by mommy2joeynabby (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Black will be fine. That's what I would chose too. The popular colors for beach photos is khaki and white, or jeans and white. We had beach photos done last summer. It was a popular spot with many photographers. There were so many groups all wearing khaki and white. It was pretty funny.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I didn't read the other responses. :( I think white tops with blue jeans and no shoes though. I've seen it, looks great!

I THINK my photos are public. I have a couple of my kids on the beach a couple of holiday seasons back. They're wearing red holiday tops actually, if you wanna go peak feel free. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I've seen two families' pictures taken at the beach. Each person wore white shirts and jeans. Just beautiful with the water for the background. Hope they turn out great!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010