What is your favorite way to roast a chicken?

What seasonings do you use? Do you stuff it? Do you use crockpot or oven bag, or open oven roasting pan?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 2:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use a metal cake pan. Put the frozen bird in. Coat with a couple tablespoons olive oil, and season with whatever I'm in the mood for (usually black pepper & Lawry's, so that I can use the same bird for multiple meals). Cover the pan with foil and put in cold oven. Turn oven on to 200, after an hour turn to 250, another hour and turn to 300, let go for 3 hours or so. Check bird - if it's done, take foil off and continue cooking for a few minutes to brown the outside. If not, re-cover and slide back in, turn to 350 or 400 for another hour or so.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I season it inside and out with season salt, garlic salt and black pepper and open oven roast it for about 2 hours. I don't like the way the crockpot and oven bags make soggy skin, I want crispy yummy goodness. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I brine first, then season it with whatever I have laying around, my fav is lemon pepper, then stick it in an oven bags and roast for 2 hours.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I season it liberally with Season-All, then make foil balls and sit the bird on top of the foil balls in my crockpot. I let it cook on high for about 4 hours.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I do not roast chicken.

Answer by louise2 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• How I cook it depends on how we'll eat it.
    As the main meat, or for use in soup/casseroles, ect.

But generally, I use garlic, basil, thyme, pepper, rosemary or lemon pepper.
    Onion is good, too.

Sometimes I'll crock it w/a jar of salsa and broth, and shred the chicken for use
    in burritoes/tacos/soup.

Just depends on my/our mood, really.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 3:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i like the oven bag because it comes out so moist and juicy ummm
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2010