did your baby not cooperate for the gender ultrasound???

I had my gender ultrasound today and guess what?????babys legs were crossed and we couldnt tell the sex...i have an appointment next week to try again. Has anyone ever wanted to find out but couldnt bc baby didnt cooperate???????I really hope we can find out next week.

ProudMama4ever

Asked by ProudMama4ever at 2:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ummm ultrasounds are supposed to be to see how the baby is positioned, size and such, it is not done as a 'gender predictor'. Plus they are not 100% accurate.
    Anonymous

• First time around, no go. Wouldn't budge. Second U/S, luck! We found out then. Hope you get lucky too.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Nope, my son was never shy about showing the goods, heh. It almost looked like he was deliberately flashing the "camera", so to speak... I'm currently about 15 weeks pregnant, I have an ultrasound on Nov 2 where I'll probably find out the sex (even though it's just a scheduled one at the hospital), hopefully (s)he'll cooperate, I'm sure it's frustrating for you!

And anon, they actually do have places that will do a "gender" ultrasound (usually the places that will do a 4D ultrasound for you. It's not for medical reasons, just for fun.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My daughter never wanted to cooperate and they assumed she was going to be a boy. Nope...all girl! Good luck, hope you can find out.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 3:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son did the same thing - his baby toes were locked together crossing his legs. Well, I ended up having an emergency US because I was leaking fluid and that's when we discovered the sex. I was suprised to hear a boy!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Neither of my girls would cooperate.. legs crossed both times. plus, the technicians are a lot less likely to say "for sure" if it's a girl. this time around was easy, with my boy, to tell. I think girls do that a lot.. but that's not to say it's not a boy either. good luck on the next one :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 3:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• it took 3 tries before we got a clear shot! it was so annoying!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I had many ultrasounds due to a complicated pregnancy. Every single ultrasound from 13 weeks on, he was flashing the camera. :)
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Someone suggested drinking orange juice 30-45mins before the appointment. It worked for me and plus she kicked at the u/s tech when she would push against my belly lol
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks ladies. With my first 2 kids they saw right away......and yes they do have gender ultrasounds.....yes they checked the babies health today but next time I go the dr said they do specific gender ultrasounds to find out the sex. Thanks to those ladies who responded positivly. i will try the orange juice thing for my next appointment.
    ProudMama4ever

Comment by ProudMama4ever (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010