Looking for a book about the WHY of kid drama.

I ran across a recommendation not long ago, I BELIEVE it was in a parenting magazine. The book is on the social lives of young children. I really wanted to pick it up and now can not remember what the heck it was or where the heck I read about it. Anyone have a clue? lol

I'm interested because my daughter has recently entered kindergarten and I'm realizing how much younger the girl drama begins than with the boys. :( My son is in third grade and I have yet to see the boys act like the girls are acting in the kindergarten class.

Even if you don't have the slightest clue as to the book I am looking for, any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :)

Jessica157

Asked by Jessica157 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I need a book too!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am bumping this because my 7 year old started the boy thing in kindergarten and its just progressively gotten worse.  I have no idea what to do lol. I keep telling her she is too young to worry about boys.

snwalways

Answer by snwalways at 3:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't know which book you are referring to, but it sounds like a good read.

My DD is easily sucked into the drama. We talk everyday about what she did at school, who she ate lunch with, etc. This dialogue has helped her quite a bit, I'm able to guide her while letting her make her own choices. We're working on her focusing on school work at school, and not getting involved in other peoples problems. She has had to learn that just because someone is nice to you they are not necessarily your friend. It's rough.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2010