When will she ever let go?

My husband's daughter's mother still acts like she cares about him and they never were a couple. She always uses their daughter against him because she doesn't get any of his time for herself. I almost boxed her the other day because I've had about enough of her lip service and I'm supposed to be a Christian! It's so-------------- hard!!

Bumble_She

Asked by Bumble_She at 3:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• At some point, they had some kind of a relationship, because they have a child together. Maybe she does still have feelings for him. That's not unheard of. Should she be trying to get time with him for herself, no. However, I think you need to just tell her that you don't appreciate what she is doing, and while you want things to go smoothly because of the child, she is making it very hard on all of you. Explain that this needs to stop, and she shouldn't be using the child as a pawn in her childish games. If they don't have a set visitation agreement with the courts, I suggest your husband gets one, so that it makes it easier when it comes to him seeing his child. Someone needs to be the adult in this situation, so it might as well be you.

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Dont let it get to you, even though its hard as hell. Be the bigger person. You are his wife he cares more about you and his children then about her. Shes jealous.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ugh... my fiance's ex is crazy psycho like that too. They got together when he was 17 and she was 34..... and he stayed with her thru her cheating and menopause and a few std's and now he's finally done! but she still tries to get him back (we're getting married on the 23) She's 50 yrs old now and sits outside at the neighbor's house about 2 times a week.... wtf? get a life, right? oh and the best part is the stupid ways she has tried to get him back... telling him he can be her beneficiary on her life ins! haha or that she will give him another baby haha
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 3:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I know what u r going thru My B.d ex always puting der daughter against him just bcuz he ha moved on and now we have a baby 2getha I dont know why she's not over him its been 4 years I just ignore it and If he's with me and not with her that tell me alot think about it like that. Do not give her the joy of leting her see that what she does buggz you just laugh it off that will pist her off more.
    INLOVE25

Answer by INLOVE25 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I know. And I'm sorry you all have or had to go through this. It sucks BIG time!
    Bumble_She

Comment by Bumble_She (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have that, too. Forget her. It's hard but she would live to cause a rift between you two, I'm sure.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010