Sleep Study??

coming up in december my 3 yr old daughter will be going in for a leep study what can i expect from this also has anyone heard of or dealt with i believe its called external limb movement??

momof4onesApup

Asked by momof4onesApup at 3:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what does she do that made you want to get the study done? Just curious
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• she is not a still sleeper and she has odd movements of her limbs not all at once so they are trying to rule out nocturnal seizures i cannot sleep with her because of the movements she does in her sleep it wakes me up and they always start about 2 to 3 hours after she has been asleep when she is transitioning between sleep stages
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My friend did the sleep study at Stanford for her dd breathing issues. It was fun for the kid and hard on the parent.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My almost 3 year old has that same problem, I seem to get blown off for this as an "issue" I sleep with him sometimes and he moves literally all night long.. I wish you the best of luck to hopefully get some answers... !!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• thank you they are also going to do a sleep apnea test during the sleep study she has already seen the doc and she ordered the sleep study and yay its going to be hard on me just what i need lol especially since the morning we get out we have a family christmas party that will last all day lol i would also like to know what i will be expecting....
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010