For those of you that know your body pretty well, I have a quick question. (its actually NOT trying to conceive..) adult content

I know when my periods are, and how far apart, I know when I am and am not ovulating. My birth control is condom's. I can't use birth controls with hormones I have really bad reactions. Anyways my question is this. Last night my DH and I had sex, only this time the condom came off inside me completely. It was either during or after he ejaculated. I saw there was sperm in the condom when I pulled it out, but I took a shower right after and there was also sperm inside me, not a lot. But we all know it only takes one. Anyways I ovulated close to two weeks ago, My period is due this week, and I am fairly certain I will not get pregnant because of these factors. However I considered taking the morning after pill to ease worries of myself and DH, but the side affects sound bad! And I already know what hormones do to me.. So does this sound like I'm in the clear to everyone eles? I think I'm safe. What is your opinion?

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You are in the clear. An egg is only ideal for conception for 72 hours once released. It reaches the uterus in about a week. Since you ovulated two weeks ago there's not much of a chance at all.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You can still get preggo. Ovulation is just the egg breaking out...it still has to travel all the way to the uterus. It may still be floating there waiting for the sperm. Most likely, you have nothing to worry about, however, you are not in the complete clear.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Well, if you truly don't want to possibly be pregnant, take the pill. If you are ok either way, don't. I mean, the chance is really low, but, it is still there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I realize there's always a chance. Would you recommend the morning after pill, or wait the few days for the period. I have no issues with the idea of the pill, its the side affects.
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks for the advise! I don't have any women I can talk to, lol so I really do appreciate it. =)
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Are you trying to get pregnant? If not, get on some BCPs mama. Plain and simple.
    Bumble_She

Answer by Bumble_She at 3:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That what I was explaining to Dh. Hes a man tho, it kinda went over his head. He only really cares to talk about how my reproductive system works when we are trying for babies. lol And last night was strictly sex. haha
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• As I said in the question I can't take birth control with hormones. Its a long story, I've tried nearly all of them: the pill, the patch, the shot, mirena, and had horrible reactions. So the question is not about my choice of BC, but thank you for the input.
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If your do not want to have children right now, take the pill. Deal with the side effects. 

Answer by louise2 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010