Biting Himself

I just put my 2 3/4 yo son down for his nap and he began crying hysterically. I went up to see what was wrong. He told me he hurt is finger. I looked at it and it had teeth marks on it. I asked him if he bit himself. He replied that he had while tears were running down his face. I asked him why he would want to hurt himself. He had no real answer. I told him that it made me sad that he would want to hurt himself and please not do it again. First, of all, why would he do this? Second, did I handle ot ok?

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He probably did it by mistake. My son at that age bit his fingers by mistake when he ate all the time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• he can be watching scary movies.. or something wierd on t.v that show things like this? kids around him.. or he could have dreaming and he did it in reality while he was napping.. and not realize it
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 4:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• wel..he doesn't watch tv really..so it is def not that..he was never asleep..I guess it could be other kids..
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010