i want to lose 40 pounds.if i lose 2 pounds a week how long will i have to diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Take a math class.
    Anonymous

• 5 months
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• if u dont like wat i ask then go on somewhere
    heather_11

Answer by heather_11 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Diet alone does NOT work. Once you go off your diet, everything will come right back. The key to losing weight permanently is to modify your diet (in a sensible way, nothing extreme that you won't be able to stick with), and EXERCISE. There is no "quick fix"...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• uhhh 40 divided by 2 is 2o weeks aka 5 months
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 3:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ok.i try to exercise by doing leg lifts,ab lounge.and stuff like that but i dont have time to go walking and stuff like that because i work a lot
    heather_11

Answer by heather_11 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Expecting a consistent loss of 2 lbs per week isn't reasonable. The closer you get to goal, the harder it can be to drop the pounds. Then some weeks your body will probably just not behave, even if you do everything 'right'. Just aim to be healthy, eat right, and exercise.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Heather I try to eat about 400 calories per meal and have a light snack in between. like an apple. YOu can look up most fast food places online and read how many calories are in each thing. You will have a few safe options at each place. I eat a ham and turkey at subway on wheat with no cheese, no dressing and lots of veggies. No soda, I have unsweet tea usually with a splash of sweet tea in it. 2 hours later I will have an apple. It is amazing how many calories are in things! I had an itty bitty snack size ice cream the other day from mcdonalds. It was over 400 calories!! You can loose alot thru diet and get in exercise a few times a week. I will put my dd to bed and then run up and down the steps 15 times. every bit helps
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Heahter, to answer your initial question you would divide 40 by 2 and end up with 20 weeks, which is around 5 months.

If you are looking for a faster weight loss and to live healthy and stay healthy, I reccomend looking into Sparkpeople. :) I love it and I have had some amazing results with them. :) Now after baby #3 I have to get back on track! :)

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 20 weeks. lol.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2011