Do you thin it is hypocritical ... I’m interested to hear from both Christians and non Christians alike.

Do you thin it is hypocritical when you see Christians who are out at strip clubs, getting trashed, having threesomes, like porn, curse every other word, dress like prostitutes and stuff like that? What do you think when you see things like that? Are these things you think Christians shouldn’t be doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think if they are acting that way they aren't Christian. If you are saved and have a real desire to live for the Lord, you wont be doing any of those things.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think a lot of things some Christians (note, I didn't say all) do are extremely hypocritical, yes. Those same "Christians" are the first to judge others, too.

And I'm not a Christian.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'm a Christian and I think it's none of my business.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think its their business- what they do is between them, their SO and their God.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

Answer by scout_mom 39 minutes ago

AGREED!!!! It's not hypocritical, it's human. We are all flawed humans, and we all make mistakes. It's how we deal with them that shows the world how deeply Christian we truly are.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 4:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think that is sinful behavior and hypocritical if the person calls themselves a Christian. While I don't believe drinking alcohol is a sin the bible does teach against being a drunkard. Jesus said that anyone who looks at a woman with lust in his heart has committed adulter. (paraphrasing.)
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If you asked if I saw a minister or priest engaging in these activities, then absolultely it would be hypocritical since they preach against these 'sins'.

There are no set rules on who gets to call themselves a Christian. I know many people who haven't attended church or opened a bible since childhood and still call themselves one.

If they tell me they are living the 'Christian life' and still engage in the activities, then yes, I'd call them hypocrites. For the rest, I really don't care.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It's hypocritical if you are telling other people not to do it. I don't do these things but I don't worry about other people.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Its only hypocritical if they're telling others not to or looking down on others who do. But just doing it doesn't make anyone a hypocrite....

As for whether those things are compatible with Christianity or not, it probably depends on who you ask...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Nope, I don't find it hypocritical at all... They live their lives according to their translation of their beliefs, that's all any of us can do. If they see nothing wrong with it, I don't see why I should. Their beliefs simply aren't conservative as those of others may be, it doesn't make them or their beliefs wrong or hypocritical, it just makes them different...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010