Refuses to take a bath

So my 2 1/2 year old for the past few months has been the hardest child to get in the bath. She use to LOVE the bath, but like most kids hated to get her hair washed b/c the water would get in her face. I've been trying and trying everything I can think of to get her in the bath few days and she's not having anything to do with it. I'm not letting her go places unless she takes a bath, tried to make it fun with foam stuff, called it "swimming", and even tried to brib her. What else can I do?!?!?! I'm about to force her into the bath and scrub her down real quick but I think that just going to make her "fear" of the bath worse... what should I do???

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fill the bath with just an inch or so of water, sit her in it, and wash her. My daughter went through this stage (almost 4 now) and she's slowly come around to loving them again. She might cry, scream, whine, whatever about her bath, but give her one anyway. She'll eventually realize that it's going to happen whether she likes it or not.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Give her a shower instead. Get in with her if you're open to that.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I used to bathe with my girls at that age and made it a big game. Like I cant reach my back, can you get it for me? I was also pregnant at the time and usually couldnt get my back 8)
    carolhas2kids

Answer by carolhas2kids at 4:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• How about a sponge bath?
    She can stand on a towel next to the sink, and you wash her down.

For her hair, well, you might just have to fight it out.
    We keep Drake's hairwashing to once a week or so, b/c it really doesn't
    need it more often.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 1:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010