What do you all out there think of women who breast feed without a cover in public or in front of you (someone you would consider a stranger or don't know well)

I have my own thoughts but would like to hear yours.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 4:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they need to cover up. Even women I do know should cover up. I breastfed exclusively for an entire year and nobody saw my boobies.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't care. I have seen plenty people nurse and think nothing of it. No one should have to cover while feeding. You CANNOT see the whole boob unless you are looking hard for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't really want to see another woman's breasts, but as a breastfeeding mom, I understand why some don't use covers. It gets hot, the baby tries to pull it off, it's hard for a new nursing mom to get the baby in a good position if you can't see. I personally use a cover any time I am in public, but that's my choice. If another mom chooses to go sans cover then that's fine. I just won't look.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think that they are feeding their baby. I really do not think it is a big deal. Now my SIL did pull her entire boob out of her dress at a family picnic and nursed her son and I did think that was too much boob to show, but she was comfortable and wasn't worried about it. You know what... it was too much boob for me, but I didn't have to look. I looked away and did something else. I would never tell her or anybody that they couldn't nurse in public or should be more discreet about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• There's a woman in the local market that breastfeeds with no cover. Good for her. I don't have the balls to do it but if she can then she should! I don't think of breasts as anything sexual, they're feedbags haha! I guess that's why it doesn't bother me. She is providing food for a baby, she's not 'showing off' the goods for any reason other than that.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Shouldn't be considered sexual but sadly here in US it is. I would think good for her. I happen to breastfeed with a cover but sometimes I forget it in the car or am wearing layers where I don't think I need it. I get awful stares and I wish that wasn't the case.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010