What to do about baby acne?

I have a 3 week 5 day old and he is starting to break out very badly. I have looked it up online, and everything I find says just leave it alone.
Have any of you had this problem with your child(ren)? Did you leave it alone or use some sort of remedy?
I have heard that putting breastmilk on it helps. Have any of you tried it?

Mom2Logan092310

Asked by Mom2Logan092310 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure it is acne and not eczema. If it is acne, I have heard it will just go away after your hormones are out of his system.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It might not be acne but some sort of reaction to his sheets where he sleeps, it might be the detergent you use or something of the sort. There is a cream for this though ask the pediatrician.

Answer by older at 4:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• all u can do is wash it with baby wash and a warm wash cloth and dont put any lotion or oil on the face.. and you can probly go to the pediatrician and get a cream for it..
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't think it is eczema because some of the bumps have lil white heads.
    Thank you for the response!
    Mom2Logan092310

Comment by Mom2Logan092310 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It will go away on it's own in a couple weeks. Use a gentle soap, the less fragrance the better, and don't worry about any treatments for it. They aren't necessary, and it won't be long until it heals on it's own.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Our ped told us to put a tiny bit of baby wash on a washcloth and wipe the area and then to make sure and rinse well and be careful of the eye area. That was after months of leaving it alone. I did that and within a week it was clearing up and within two weeks it was gone completely.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My oldest child had very bad baby acne. There isn't anything you can do except keep their sweet little faces clean. Good luck!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son had baby acne. I just left it alone and it went away... He is now almost 9 months and no baby ache. Just leave it alone and it will go away.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 8:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Either leave it be it does go away by itself or you can use Cetaphil twice a day.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Squirt breast milk on it
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010