What type of Halloween candy is safe to give a 13 month old?

charonnichole

Asked by charonnichole at 4:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ummmm, honestly, nothing..they have no idea the difference and they don't need that sugar...get him those Annies bunny cookies or Earth's Best. They make them in small Halloween packets...My DS ddin't have candy until he was 2 1/2 and even now he has it maybe once a week.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Nothing too chewy or hard.
    My daughter was 13 months old at halloween as well 2 years ago, She had lollipops, a small pieace of chocolate that melts.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 4:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If it were me I would skip the candy and go with something else-- like Teddy Grahams, or other 'little one friendly' packaged snacks.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with MizLee, they sell those mini-bags of pretzels and goldfish, etc. in halloween decorated bags, I'd get those. In fact, my kids are 5 and 3 and I still get those, it helps break up all the sweet crap they get for Halloween.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't give a baby that young candy of any kind. It's just too much sugar. Try the Gerber Graduate fruit snack. Real Juice, super soft, low sugar, and pretty tasty!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Maybe a couple of pieces of soft chocolate for a treat but 13 months is really is too young to be eating candy IMO.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Personally I don't give my children Candy. A co-worker's (of DH) husband gave my 11 month old a sucker when talking with DH and I silently was pissed. I don't think children need that kind of sugar or artifical ingredients. Very rarely my son will have a small piece of chocolate, but that's about all I'll allow them. On the simple basis that Chocolate is good for your body in moderation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010