What is the best lunch item for a 13 month old?

What kind of foods are best? sandwiches? quesadilla's? pasta?

charonnichole

Asked by charonnichole at 4:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Diced chicken, cheese cubes, quartered grapes.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I just gave DD what I had- chicken, pasta, peas, whatever, and she would eat it. Not a picky eater :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Fruits/Veggies and Grains.
    I like to feed my son Chicken Noodle Soup, minus the broth. That's one of his favorites. He gets a full serving of Veggies and Pasta, which is great. Sometimes I add some peaches or pairs on the side, but usually if he has veggies for that meal I skip the fruit. Adding fruit to his next meal.

Another great meal is a Grilled Cheese Sandwhich, Tortilla w/Peanut Butter, and some fruit. You can also make a Grilled Ham and Cheese sandwich to add some extra protien.

Leftovers are a great hit for my kids, because it's easy preperation and less guess time for me. Speghetti, Tuna Casarole, seasoned potatoes, mashed potatoes, are all great dishes to make or reheat.

When I'm in a pinch I'll throw together canned chicken, canned potatoes, and Cream of Chicken soup. Heat it up on the stove and serve. Also, mix veggies in the mashed potatoes and add some kilbasa or hot dogs on the side. Big hit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010