glucose test

am 25 weeks pregnant, I am so lucky i get to take my glucose test today :( This is my second pregnancy, and I just remeber the last time i had to take this test, not fun at all. lol am working myself up for no reason, Its no big deal, other then the stuff tastes nasty, well this time i have mine in the fridge, and its the orange flavor, anyone else get the orange flavor, was it as bad as i think it will taste? lol

ashcrash

Asked by ashcrash at 4:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it taste like orange soda. Hope it goes well. Pregnancy was the only time my sugar was normal.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It taste like SUPER sweet Orange Crush but with a slightly less carbonation. If it's even the same one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I had the orange one too and mine tasted a lot like the orange soda at McDonald's. It wasn't too bad for me. Did you ever have to take the 3 hour test? Hopefully you don't have to, it was torture...
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 4:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• lol sorry to tell u but it was EWWW! i hate orange! i drank it 4 times and could never keep it down long enough for them to test me so i had to take my blood pressure everyday so annoying! i wish they had a different flavor! i tried chasing it down with water like when u take a shot! it didnt work for me but it might help u! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I didn't think it was too bad actually. After taking the three hour test, the one hour seemed like a breeze lol. Good luck. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• never had to do the three hour test with my first, hope i dont have to this time around. But I have never had anyproblems with my blood pressure, hope it stays that way, I guess it could go either way when your pregnant!
    ashcrash

Comment by ashcrash (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• UGH! I hate that test! Make sure you don't puke though..they will make you do it all over some other day! lol
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 4:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The orange drink tasted like overly sugared orange soda to me.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 5:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• people told me it would taste soooo bad, but to me it didn't. Well actully the first doctor for some reason never did that test not sure why, but I don't go to him anymore personal reasons through my first pregnancy then I got pregnant again and went to this new doctor and he had me do it and I didn't think it was bad at all it tasted like orange pop and he had it in the fridge.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Orange to me tasted like flat Sunkist.

It wasnt completely horrid.

Just be happy you past it the first time and will most likely pass it again.

I have failed it twice...went on the do the 3hour test twice failed them...had GD twice

AND HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN here in two weeks. Will most likely have it again. Sorry I dont feel bad for you...hahahaha
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010