Did Thomas the tank engine always talk?

I used to watch "Shining Time Station" and I don't remember the engines talking.. just Mr. Conductor telling the story and what they were saying.. wondering if anyone else remembers? My daughter loves "Thomas and Friends".. which is WAY different than "Shining Time Station"

KKline

Asked by KKline at 4:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• There used to only be a narrator doing all the voices- not the animated mouths that moved that they have now. I don't remember Shining Time Station at all, but my now eight-year-old son was a Thomas fanatic from about 18 months to about 3 years, and even six years ago the mouths didn't move.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I remember the other day wondering when the mouths started moving... I seem to remember then always 'talking' though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• that's what i watched, and no they didnt talk.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I miss Shining Time Station...it was always narrated but no they did not actually talk. Thomas and Friends is okay, but hardly compares.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 4:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When they went to animation rather they started talking.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• the new series they talk, mouths and all. the older shows was a narrator as if he was playing with the trains making them talk. I like the older episodes way better. Not too mention the older episodes are real trains! the new episodes are animation.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yea.. i HATE the CGI... it really ruins the show.. and the voices are not how i would have pictured them... *sigh* what have they done to the world of children's TV? They take away Cookie Monsters cookies.. now this... I guess i am going to have to buy the dvds of "Shining Time Station"
    KKline

Comment by KKline (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010