what kind do you recommend?

i have bought different kids of vacuums from walmart, and even tried a swivel sweeper. unfortunatly, they both broke and they both didnt pick up as much as i wanted it too.
does anyone recommend a great vacuum?? i want it to have a hose, and just have great suction and i would love it if it would last long so i dont have to keep buying new ones. and bagless would be great too. any FYI's would be great. thanks. =D

kiliki_malie

Asked by kiliki_malie at 5:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Shopping

• I have a Dyson and love it. I have a cat with long hair and a boxer dog so they both shed like crazy and it picks up everything. Plus a two yr old boy who loves to make a mess. They may be expensive but watch for great deals, I got mine and Target and got a gift card for a 100 bucks. Which was great for me cause that's my favorite store. Plus they are baggless and empty great, just a push of a button. I bought mine in March and have used it almost everyday just cause I love it so much. I vaccum every night before I got to bed to clean up any messes we made that day.
    rosie2484

Answer by rosie2484 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well, it's kind of expensive but I got a Kirby Vacuum the diamond edition. I got a representive to show me how it worked and compared it to my old one. I was amazed on how much dirt I was leaving behind and at the time my son was only 8-9 months old. He's four now and I'm pretty happy about my purchase. Good luck!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 5:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have a bag less Bissell which I love...It was about 150$ and well worth it....Has all the bells and whistles too..Just remember to clean your vacuum cleaner, empty the hose, and powders tend to clog them quickly. Make sure that you have the settings set correctly too, It will help the life of your VC
    GGMOSSMAMA

Answer by GGMOSSMAMA at 5:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have a Dyson and love it.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have a dyson and have had it for at least 3 to 4 years. It's not goin anywhere. I love my dyson.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Kirby's are awesome as posted above. We have a Hoover, too, since it was a wedding gift and I like it as well.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:08 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Dyson. Hands down.You get rebates.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I had the Kirby. belt issues. I had the #1 from Consumer mag whatever it's called. hated it. bags and belts again. oh that burning rubber smell. what I LOVE: DYSON. It makes vacuuming fun and a workout. Reminds me of ms. pacman. I just suck it all up. the reward is getting all that crap in the visible window you get to dump in the trash can, and not deal w/ bags. w/ other vacs, i changed bag rarely. w/ dyson, even after already vaccummed by another brand of vac, i'd dump after 2 rooms. amazing and fun. it's a workout to push but my pecs do not mind. the hose can disconnect easily to suck, has a bare floor or carpet setting, and is easy to work all the way around. DYSON BABY!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 9:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Dyson. They clean easy, mine is bagless. Yes they are expensive but they are worth it. I've had mine for 4 years. It still works like it's new. I dont think I will need a new one anytime soon.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 2:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2008