Forms of punishment?

Are there any punishments you give your child/ren that others criticise you for even though you have found the punishment to be effective?

Creating78

Asked by Creating78 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Being strict with my kids in general. I'm amazed at the amount of people who don't punish their children at all.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Biting her back for biting. It worked the first time.
    Letting her fall off of the couch when she was told to sit a million times.
    Basically letting her get hurt when she won't listen. I'm not talking about things that will kill her (electricity, chemicals, etc.)
    Putting her in timeout in the middle of a store and letting her scream until she figured out that I wasn't going to give in and I am the boss.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• spanking
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I was spanked growing up and it worked and I plan on spanking my own future children. There is a difference between abuse and punishment when the kid disobeys you.
    I was spanked with a belt and no I wont be using a belt I'll just use my hand. But my kids will be disciplined. It's disgusting to see the kids these days running around like monsters just because the parents don't want to do their job and be a parent.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Depending on who in my family you talk to I'm either wrong for using timeouts and talking to my kids or wrong for spanking...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• spanking ( when nessacary) which most people I know do! Never with anything but my hand.
    soap in the mouth! It works, and NOONE could convince me otherwise!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010