Ear Piercing

What is a good age to get your daughters ears pierced?

lala9

Asked by lala9 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When they ask for it and understand it will hurt. My granddaughter asked for hers for her 5th birthday so I did it then. I have big issues piercing babies. It is a body modification and should be their choice.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When they are old enough to ask for them and can properly take care of them. Probably 6-7 yrs old.

This ranks right up there with tattooing your child. It's their body their choice.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would wait and let her decide she might not want it done. I have had friends that pierced their daughters ears as a baby and when they got older was mad about it.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I done my girls young since I thought it would be easier. I thought they wouldn't remember how it felt and that it was easier to care for at a young age since as they get older they will play with their ear and it could make it infected. I thought of it this way if she didn't want them pirced when she got older then she could let her ears close up, but most girls do want them done. I got my first done at 3 months old they had to have their first shots. My second one was 4 or 5 months old just because I didn't get around to it until then.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When YOU decide. I did my daughters at 9 weeks for Valentines day. My friend did her daughters at 2 weeks. Another friend just let her daughter at 8. There is no perfect age. It is totally up to you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My daughters ears were pierced as babies. I was mad at my mom for waiting until I was seven.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I was three when I begged for it. I say whenever you feel is right.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I prefer the "wait till they ask and understand" answer. I'm going to do it as a "rite of passage" kind of thing for my daughter. I don't like the idea of piercing a baby's ears unless it's for cultural reasons.
    inthepit

Answer by inthepit at 5:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If you have your ears pierced than she will want them too;. The best age is about 6-months to a one year old, they are to young to play with them and she will do better than kids that get them done as teens. (they want to get different styles of earrings ASP)

I worked where I saw a nurse do piercings on babies all the time. And I only saw one baby cry hard and that was my niece. Most babies would just jump from the noise when it snapped on the earring. If they did cry it was just for a minute.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 4 months
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010