Co-sleeping?

Since my DH has been deployed I have had my DD in bed with me. I bought a co-sleeper that way instead of getting up during the night to breastfeed she is in the bed with me. What are your experiances with co-sleeping?

Darlinree

Asked by Darlinree at 5:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Co-sleeping rocks. See all of the above answers!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It was nice and I never had to get out of bed to feed during the night...heck I didn't have to open my eyes. I would usually fall back to sleep while they were nursing. No sleepless nights for me!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son co-slept until age 5 because i was single and we had no other room for him. It worked for us. He was fine and not warped.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son is 2 and sleeps in his own bed most nights, but we do a special "pajama party" at least once a week and all sleep together as a family.. it is great! I love getting to cuddle my little man whenever I want!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with ashisamom... I loved it. I loved waking up and seeing her sleeping next to me. I have a king size bed and the husband was sleeping downstairs because of snoring... so her and I had the whole bed. I made sure the edge was protected so that she couldn't roll off of it. And I don't move around much after I fall asleep. Breastfeeding in the middle of the night was sooooo easy. I moved her to a crib around 6 months or so.
    inthepit

Answer by inthepit at 5:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I loved co_sleeping with my daughter, I got great sleep, my daughter never really woke up at night. I would do it again and again :)
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 5:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I co-slept with my daughter until she was 2...once her little brother arrived I think she decided our bedroom was too noisy with a crying newborn and went to sleep in her own room and never looked back, lol. My son on the other hand, is now 3.5 and we have a bit of musical beds going on here at night, but I'm ok with it. When they were babies there was just no other way I could get any sleep, my kids loved to nurse at night. For the most part, I loved it =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I did the co-sleeping with all of my kids. I wouldn't do this for very long. My sister's daughter is 9 and gets up in the middle of the night to go sleep with her.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We co-slept with our first two and plan to co-sleep with this one as well. I would never have it any other way. It's healthier for mom & baby and it encourages family bonding. Although we never used a "co-sleeper" we simply put them in bed with us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my sister wouldn't be alive if my mother wasn't sleeping with her. She'd been feeding her, then fell asleep. She woke up feeling something wasn't right.
    my sister was completely blue, my moms a nurse and just as she was about to give her mouth to mouth she took a deep breath.
    had she not been in bed with her, it probably would have been like a crib death.

Anonymous