Do you choose to celebrate Halloween, if not what are your reasons?

I know people that do not but have never asked them why. Just curious. Also do you do something similar or in place of it?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 5:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• We do, but I also have a religious holiday (Samhain) that day as well, so it's a double-decker day...

However when I was growing up we did not celebrate it because of religious reasons. I was raised in a JW household and they do not celebrate anything with ties to Pagan Holidays...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I do, It's one of my favorite holidays.

I know some people don't cuz it's "Celebrating Satan" I personally think it's all in how you look at it.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Our daycare/preschool does not allow the children to celebrate it due to religious reasons (they are a Christian daycare) but they do have a "fall harvest" station day a few days before Halloween.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We used to when our kids were young but now that they are teenagers, they don't go trick or treating.  We don't give out candy because we only get about 5 or 6 kids so it isn't worth the effort.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I love halloween...I'm really big into decorating my house for any holiday so it's just an excuse for me to make my house festive! plus I love seeing all the adorable little ones in their costumes :)
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I love Halloween and everything about it.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010