Would like to throw away all your kids toys?????

I do when they do not make it to the toy box

lilmama29113

Asked by lilmama29113 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No.. but he's only 3 and is already good about putting them away :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No, I don't know why it's so hard to have your kids put away their toys... My 3 & 4 year old get it done in no time at all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• the legos yeah lol I tell ya...if it werent for me they would remain on the floor forever. Even DS helps me clean them up before bedtime. SO doesnt do crap
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No. I just tell my kids I'm thinking about vacuuming, and the place is picked up in about two minutes. Suck up one little toy one time, and they never forget it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My oldest kids is very good at putting thing away but sometimes things end up on there bedroom floor or in the hall they get 3 times to correct the prob or in the trash it goes just me and I'm sorry but I do not have all day to pick up behind no one
    lilmama29113

Comment by lilmama29113 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my son is 2 and is very good about putting away his toys.. the only ones I want to get rid of are the noisy ones honestly.. I would love to replace them all with wooden Montessori toys.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Not throw them away, but I would like to get rid of some. It seems like every time I go through them and separate out stuff to get rid of my kids find the box of donations and get into it and cry over it and mix it all back in with everything else. I need to wait until I'm ready to go and box everything up just before I head out the door to get rid of it. The other problem is that I have a baby and I don't know what toys he will like when he gets older, just because my older two never play with legos, trains, little people, or 90% of the rest of their toys doesn't mean he won't, so I feel like I should keep it all for him. Or maybe they will like it when they get a little older. Anyway, it's nice to know all these people have such wonderful tidy children. Mine aren't that cooperative.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No, my son has always been good at cleaning up his toys when asked.

LOL @ JulieJacobKyle~~my son freaks anytime he sees me pushing the vacuum down the hall, he jumps up and starts picking up everything(not just his toys, but pillows and stuff too lol).
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• LOL @ JulieJacobKyle~~my son freaks anytime he sees me pushing the vacuum down the hall, he jumps up and starts picking up everything(not just his toys, but pillows and stuff too lol).

Honestly, when it happened, it was an accident, but boy has it worked!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• And to the person who says "I don't know why it's so hard to have your kids put away their toys" let me tell you it took my about 8 time outs and 3 spankings to get my daughter to "HELP" me put away 1 puzzle that she had scattered all over the floor. I'm not up to fighting them constantly all day long to pick up. I'm not good at doing it myself and they are far worse and willing to put up a major fight over it. I'm not willing to throw away or donate toys that I bought that they like, I might as well just burn money. I could bag it up for a while, which I have done before, it made no difference. Sorry, we aren't perfect and tidyness doesn't come easy to everyone.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010