CAN I GET RID OF STRECHMARKS?

I had my son four years ago, I still have some strechmarks left, is there still hope for me to get rid of them? Any sugestions? Or, am I going to be stuck with this strechmarks forever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• no you cant stretch marks are scared tissue and there is nothing you can do to get rid of it but you can help fade it by using exfoliators to get rid of the dead skin plus lotion to soften the skin. Some are able to fade it completely fade it but the marks are stil there just not relly visible so to say. and then using lotion while your prego can help reduce the apperance of stretch marks.
    Anonymous

• When i was pregnant with my First son I faithfully used cream and body butter everything I possibly could From day one. I know have a Road Map.... So cremes Dont work. Although I have noticed that after a lil while they do start to faid away and look a lil bit better but No you will nver fully get rid of them. Also Be proud of them they signify a Great time in life.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 6:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• No, but you can fade then with Rodan and Fields makers of Proactiv new regimen called REVERSE it has Hydroquinone in it. Also it is FDA approved.
    I am a independent consultant for them.....You can check out my website: Kathy.myrandf.com
    Hit products and then Reverse.

Good luck!
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 7:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The herb chickweed is very helpful in fading/healing internal and external scars. You can rub directly on and/or ingest.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I still have mine but when I would use a self-tanner or just let that area get some sun. It faded them pretty good. But like most have said, they may not be pretty but they are badges that represent a beautiful gift...
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 5:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Although there are tons of creams and other skin products on the market that claim to eliminate stretch marks, the truth is that most are ineffective and often costly. You can't make stretch marks go away entirely without the help of a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. These doctors may use one of many types of treatments from actual surgery to techniques such as microdermabrasion and laser treatment that reduce the appearance of stretch marks. These techniques are expensive. Some people find that sunless tanning treatments can help cover up stretch marks. This doesn't work for regular tanning or tanning beds, though, because stretch marks themselves are less likely to tan. Fortunately, stretch marks often turn lighter and almost disappear over time. But the fact that stretch marks usually fade and become less noticeable over time can be little consolation.
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 2:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yes. It takes at least a year of healthy diet, exercise, and topical lotions/ oils. Science - you have a completely new body every seven years. You slough off the old and your body produces new every day. If you want your body to create new healthy skin, you must have the right nutrients to feed your need. Nutrition Suggestions: Omega 6 / Omega 3 found in fish (only eat wild caught not farm raised), vitamin e oil - not to be taken within 12 hours of iron supplement, excess of water (rule of thumb - you should pee once every hour, Brewer's Yeast - amazing for regulating hormones / body functions / skin / hair
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 3:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• BioOil!!! =]
    CelestialPeace

Answer by CelestialPeace at 12:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2008