I'm new to the site...what does BFP mean and what is a BUMP?

Jersey81

Asked by Jersey81 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Bumping a question is helping the posters question be "bumped" to the top so that it can get answers when you can't help but wish to help them find answers. Or if you like a question and want more people to answer it.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• BUMP stands for Bump Up My Post, and like the previous poster (pp) said, it just moves their post back up to the top, so someone else can see it and possibly help. BFP stands for Big Fat Positive I believe, unless they are talking about something else. I have seen women use this when they are talking about a positive pregnancy test. 

This link will take you to the full list of abbreviations, as well as some other useful tips for newcomers. Welcome to Cafemom!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/11442691/The_CafeMom_Help_Desk_Getting_started_on_CafeMom

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• BFP ... Big Fat Positive....I LOVE IT!!! I hope one day I get to say "I took at test and got a BFP" Thanks for your help
    Jersey81

Comment by Jersey81 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010