How do i keep hydrated?

I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant, and i've had terrible all-day sickness pretty much every day for 7 weeks. When i went to the doctor for my first pregnancy visit, they tried to draw blood for all the tests, and the couldnt get more than a few drops. They tried three different places, made me drink two cups of orange juice, and the tried again and still nothing.
I've tried every way I can think of to ease the sickness so I can at least keep enough fluids down to keep me from dehydrating, but nothing works!

please help me!

xocourtaknee

Asked by xocourtaknee at 5:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• drink 8 glasses of water or juice a day
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i've tried! i cant get them to stay down.
    xocourtaknee

Answer by xocourtaknee at 5:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• then your doctor needs to do something about it... give you Iv's or something.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• As your doctor for Zofran. It is a prescription pill that will fight the horrible nausea. I was on it, and it helped sooooo well. I couldn't even keep popsicle down, how sad is that!? So it never hurts to ask!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 5:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i was SOOOO sick when i was pregnant. and it never went away! i got so dehydrated that i had kidney stones when i was 4 months pregnant. i was working full time so it was hard to get enough water. i found keeping a small cup of ice water with me was easiest. i say small because i ended up drinking all of it faster so i was refilling my cup more often. the coldness seemed to ease my stomach also. they put me on phenegren but it made me WAYY to tired to work so i just had to push through it.
    ilovephoenix123

Answer by ilovephoenix123 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• GATORADE!! It is wonderful. Plus the electrolytes help with the whole morning sickness stuff. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• If your that dehydrated you probably should be put on IV fluids til it gets better...I dehydrate super easy during pregnancy and have made many a trips to the hospital for just fluids! I try to drink 10 large glasses of water a day, at least. Try eating soups, fruit like grapes- anything to add fluid to you.
    Talk about your obgyn about it again- its not good to be dehydrated! Seriously- not good.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i've tried both the phenergen and im on zofran now, neither seem to help much. i've done soup and cheerios and pretzels before getting up, and they dont help. soup, water, juice, noodles, rice, it all ends up in the toilet a few minutes later. the nurses who tried to do my blood tests didnt say anything to me about iv's.
    xocourtaknee

Answer by xocourtaknee at 6:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i second reflect i had the same issue with dehyudration and gatorade was my best friend my whole 9 months
    qsmommy88

Answer by qsmommy88 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2008