I honestly don't know what could be wrong with my little girl! I'm going crazy.

I feel like such a horrible mom right now, my one year old is at the hospital with my parents (I'm at school, midterms).

My daughter has been sick for about 4 weeks now. She just started daycare which I mean, obviously kids will get sick from being exposed to germs in daycare but FOUR weeks?? It started off as a cold and ear infection...they gave her amoxicillian and she seemed okay for a day or two but then had problems again...so I took her to the ER and they gave her albuterol for coughing and azithromicin (sp?) and now she's still sick...she finished all her meds and nothing has helped. My parents took her back to Children's because she has a fever of 102 that wont go down, she's lethargic, and won't eat (hasn't been eating for days).

What on Earth could be wrong? Be honest with me...
They said they are going to do blood work...
What kinds of things should I prepare myself for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• pneumonia
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• They x-rayed her lungs two nights ago and they were fine - OP

sorry i didn't mean to post this anonymously.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Keep us posted. Hope she feels better. :(
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• RSV? That takes a while to clear up. I hope she feels better soon :(
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• How does her cough seem? could it be croupe? Also, I know anything virul takes a while to go away, so maybe its a virus, and thats why the antibiotics dont seem to be keeping her well. I know watching your child sick for so long is so aggravating, keep us posted
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Perhaps it is just a combo of several things going on... she is probably teething right? Getting those premolars maybe. my baby had a fever of 103 for a few days with the premolars. Also, maybe she got a bad cold and cough and after getting through that something else started. Could she have roseola... ?? which is a mild virus (herpesvirus 6) which they basically get a fever for several days getting up to almost 104 ... then all of a sudden the fever goes away and they get a rash? It isn't any big thing and it is hard to diagnose until the rash And of course any virus she has wont be helped with antibiotics. Hang in there. She'll get better. She just got hit with a whole lot at once.
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 6:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Just wanted to say that I hope things get better
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'm not sure what could be wrong. I would have guessed pneumonia, but I hope they figure out what's going on, & that she gets well soon. That's too long to be sick!
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 6:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The biggest concern in your post to me is that you feel like a bad mom. Kids get sick. No one here can begin to tell you what the problem is, but the hospital team should. Many family physicians treat with anitbiotics as cookbook medicine to keep parents happy more than to treat the baby - but a hospital will be (SHOULD BE) different. They need to do the blood work, etc. to get to the bottom of it and will also see 4 weeks as being too long. Trust your medical team, and regardless of what your daughter suffers from, YOU are not the cause of it. They will find out...and you just get through your mid-terms and love the stuffin' out of her!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2010