Would you send your child to a school you couldn't afford if your father offered to pay for it?

If so,would you get it in writing that he said so? (He's remarried.) lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• YES!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If it's a better option than whatever you can afford, absolutely! Education is very important, why not give your child the best possible opportunities? But yes, I probably would get it in writing, just so there are no misunderstandings, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My father would never offer
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Mine wouldn't offer, but yes.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would def get it in writing on the off chance he tries to back out so your not left to pay for something you can't afford.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes of course. If ANYBODY offered to give my child a better education, I would take advantage of it. I don't see the need to get it in writing though. It is a gift, not a business deal. If some day he decides not to pay for it anymore, then you would just have to deal with that and switch schools. You wont be stuck with a bill, you usually have to pay prior to the school year or be set up on 10 month payments.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Of course I would. You said "your" meaning the child's grandfather right? Or did I read that wrong? Really, if someone offered to pay for it, you bet I would be all over it. Of course, I would make a deal like in Gilmore Girls, where I paid them back, or had weekly dinners with them or something. It's a better future for the child, and that's what really matters. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If its the best option, in terms of quality of service, I would! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• *quality of education, I mean, lol, sorry
    bandgeek521

• It would depend on my relationship with my father.....in my family the strings that came attached to offers like that was not worth it to me.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010