There was some advice given

about 2 weeks go about a child bed wetting, someone gave a site and i was wondering if anyone knows it. He my botfriends 8 years old and just refuses to stop wetting the bed, there has been several solutions given but i am lost. have tried different things and all seem to fail.

BobbieJo286

Asked by BobbieJo286 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I don't recall the site given but there is a big range of what is normal for bedwetting. It can take quite awhile for the condition to end. You might want to go to the mayo clinic website (Google it) and put bed wetting in their search bar. They have a lot of helpful info. Also, there are meds that can help. One of my family members was put on a med that came in a nasal spray. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my 8 yo still wets the bed, and it is not by choice. you say that he refuses to stop wetting the bed? it prolly is not his choice. he may need to see a doc to see if there something physical that he keeping him from holding to much urine. all you can do is to keep tyng and realize that he is not doing it on purpose.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 6:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• here's a bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I remember the question but did not see the web site listed sorry. I will give you a bump though. I am sure this is very frustrating, I am sorry you are dealing with it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My 9 year old wets the bed when she's constipated. Bed wetting is not a conscious decision.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• He has been on meds, they didn't help, he also was wearing pullups but he is so sloppy with them (not throwing them away in the am) that we took them away.. he believes he can't stop and is very head strong. i wake him up around 12 am and he just stands in the bathroom, his dad wakes him up to go potty... he does.. there has also been some behavior problems at school and at home, so we are arranging for him to see a counselor, hoping this will help him. I haven't been around long enough but from being here with him for the last 6 months i see there are many issues. I also had an ex, his daughter wet the bed and her counselor said it was a form of control they feel they have. I dunno?? I feel very new to this situation and am trying to help him.. any resources would help.. I have been researching tons of stuff
    BobbieJo286

Comment by BobbieJo286 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd try to be a little more understanding. I'm sure he's not doing it just to irritate you.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010