how much do you spend on christmas?..how much does Santa bring?

For children, husband, and then extended family such as parents, siblings, aunts uncles and so on. Also, how many gifts does santa bring?

vvlinley21

Asked by vvlinley21 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• Whoa, we have spammers on cafemom now? Fun fun...

Anyway, my family lives in Europe, so we don't really exchange presents, just send cards. They usually send some money for me to buy my son gifts with on their behalf, but the adults don't exchange gifts. We spend probably around $200 or so on gifts for our son (in addition to my parents' gifts, his parents don't usually send anything), and about $50 on each other. I also get gifts for my 2 best friends' kids (maybe about $30 each, two kids). So total about $360-$400, tops.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We usually get extended family something small and each other as well. We save the money for the kids. I think we spend a couple hundred on our son last year but will split that this year between the two kids.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 6:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have never really set a limit-if I see something I know someone will like I get it-but I shop year round and not wait till the last minute.
    I like for there to be lots of presents under the tree and I wrap everything-even items in the stockings.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• VERY little. I'm a horrible shopper. We just have a baby, so kids aren't a big expense. I never know what to buy other people, so I usually keep it simple, remember it's about a token of care, not trying to prove something or measure up to social expectations. It's tough, though.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We don't buy for extended family. But kids get quite a lot of presents and hubby and I get each other 8-10. We've always been big in my house growing up and it works for us, we don't go into debt and our kids are well behaved
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We usually spend about $900.00 a year on everyone that would be about $300.00 o our daughter the rest on the other 5 kids and 12 grandkids & my parents and friends but this yea we are cutting way back on everyone so about 500.00 total
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I spend about $300-$400 on our daughter (Her b-day is 12/20. We have a double wammy)
    I have 4 nieces and nephews that we buy for...maybe $20 each. (Depends what they want)
    Then we play $10 dollar gift games, for the rest

Then the rest all depends on what we pick out for her grandparents.

Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We only buy for our children, parents, and siblings (the ones who care to keep in contact with us). Roughly $200 on each kid, then we buy one big thing for each other. For our parents/siblings it varies. They don't ask for or need a lot so it's usually just memorable or keepsake things like special pictures.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We only buy for our children and each other. Other family (my in laws and my mom) get homemade items. Last year the kids and I made all kinds of candies, cookies and breads and we put those items in baskets for the other family members. Then my husband and I each exchange gifts and buy for our 3 kids (10, 9 and 4). Our budget for everything (including the supplies for the baskets of food) is $300. So far we've had great Christmases and there's always more presents than can fit under the tree.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We don't buy for extended family, but I do send them cards. Santa has always brought 1 present to our kids and the rest come from mom and dad. We are spending less this year because we decided that since they were older we were going with larger birthday presents (one got a PS3, the other a car) and smaller Christmas. It's also helping our budget to spread them out a bit. This year we plan on doing cell phones from Santa for the whole family.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010