Is this a phase?

I have a 3yr old who has been being mean to every one lately, but mostly to my BF. I dont understand why she is acting like this! But its not only him, she will be mean to me or even strangers saying don't look at me things of that nature, She has never been this way before, I dont know how to correct it, or is it some thing i just have to ride out?

maddysmom1111

Asked by maddysmom1111 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds like a phase. has something changed in her life?
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 6:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My daughter is almost 3, and does that...I hope it's a phase. I tell her to knock it off! Being mean doesn't get you ANY friends to play with! Nobody wants to play with somebody like that.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• what does she watch on tv? does she go to headstart/preschool? who's watching her most of the time?
    piont is she picked it up from somwhere you just have to find the sorce. that would be my first step.
    mine is on this your ugly and i'm going to tell the world about it. she got it from school, i told her, her that she may be cute on the outside, but she is very ugly on the inside. she hasn't said it for awhile now. maybe you try something like that on yours. good luck.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• To stop that. Every time she act that way. she does not get anything special. Like from the store , or juice, candy, desert, stuff like that. And tell her, you do not get anything cause you are acting mean.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes there has been a major change we moved from MI to GA , and i have her all day and shes not watching any thing that would show her how to act this way. Its not only that but when my BF hugs me she tell him don't hug my mommy, now her father was not like that as far as showing affection towards me. I know that kids grow and change but shes really a good natured.
    maddysmom1111

Comment by maddysmom1111 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My neice went through a phase like that. She didn't want anyone to even look at her for awile. LOL
    At one point we went to mass and the Archbishop of New Orleans patted her on her head, she growled back, "NO, my hair...don't touch it!"
    She has grown out of it thankfully and is back to her happy self.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 8:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It could the changes in moving and boyfriend.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my son will tell me that im not his friend or that hes mad at me
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010