okay so i am tired alll the time and this was this way before i had kids.

i have blood work done everything has come back just fine. even had my thyroid tested the levels were all ok. did have an ultrasound done on my thyroid and i have a nodule but i dont think that can affect my sleep. anyone have suggestions on what might be wrong?

BetsyBoop2003

Asked by BetsyBoop2003 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Health

• Did they check for high blood sugar in the blood work? High blood sugar/uncontrolled diabetes can cause you to feel very tired, sluggish, you can pee more frequently and even lose weight
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes she checked all of that and it was all fine
    BetsyBoop2003

Comment by BetsyBoop2003 (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Are you over doing it? Stretching your self to thin? Doing to much throughout the day? Do you sleep enough at night? All these can be factors of being tired. And not eating properly.

Answer by louise2 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Are you eating as healthy as possible. Could it be too many over processed foods that are loaded with sodium/chemicals/sugar/dyes?
    Are you drinking enough water? Are you winding down before you go to bed with something relaxing such are reading/relaxation music?
    Hope you feel better soon.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i assume based on your ultrasound that you saw an endocrinologist. i had my thyroid levels tested for years at the family doc and was told they were "normal" - the normal range is something like 0.5-5 (it may have been adjusted to -0.5-3something... anyway, when i finally went to an endocrinologist he said women feel best with a range of 1-2 and gave me meds which made a HUGE difference. I also had (have?) sleep apnea - it went from being severe to borderline. one thing also that helped me greatly was realizing i was allergic to dairy - i drank tons of milk so it wasn't obvious but stopped for health reasons and felt like i was going to die the first time i had a small glass after a couple weeks. i also took food enzymes and probiotics and felt GREAT without any other changes - i can recommend quality supplements if you are interested. the improved digestion helps w allergies and nutrition in a big way i lost weight too
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010