Viva Las Vegas Baby....

Do ya go there? where do ya stay? where are good cheap places to eat? We haven't been yet, but want to go when the kids are older. I'd like to stay at the Luxor but in the end we'll see.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Travel

• I live in Las Vegas. I haven't stayed on the strip, but I have stayed off the strip at Red Rock Resort, which I love. If you do go to Luxor, make sure you stay in the new section, not the pyramid rooms. Supposedly they are dingy and run down. I always recommend going to Treasure Island to eat. We go there often and it's always good, with awesome desserts. If you go off strip, have dinner at Nora's Cuisine on Flamingo and Jones. It's a tiny place, but the food is amazing. They were on the Food Network a couple of years ago.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I went for the first time this summer. We stayed off strip at the Tuscany. It was nice, and affordable. As far as places to eat, I have no clue, since we only stayed for a night (flew out of Vegas back home, because it was cheaper) and stuck to the hotel restaurants for food. We did, however, go to the aquarium at Mandalay bay, and we really enjoyed it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My brother and I go (well used to go before marriage and kids) and we usually stayed on the strip. We tried different hotels/casino's and the best is probably the Luxor or Bellagio (a little pricey). The buffet at the Bellagio is the best! They seriously have everything. Circus circus rocks, the Stratosphere, New York New York's roller coaster and giant arcade, helicopter ride over the grand canyon. Went to hoover dam. Getting drunk and clubbing haha! The shopping is great.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Oh, and if you only do one show here, go see Rita Rudner at Harrah's. My husband and I saw her show and I was actually in pain from laughing. Penn & Teller is also a great show, and Phantom at Venetian.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Oh yea!!! You're going to love it...we stayed at The Venetian....all the hotels are well worth going into just to LOOK at. Food? No worries every hotel is known for their fabulous buffets that are cheap. They try to keep costs down so you will put more money into the machines and tables...lol. Go by Treasure Island and see the free outdoor pirate ship show they preform like every 45 minutes, I think.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Can I come?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Have fun My DH and my 5yo just came back from Vegas surprisingly there is a lot to do there Excalibur's Medieval show is awesome for kids and parent's,Mandalay Bay is really nice,Paris is quite pretty too,my DH stayed at Luxor he really liked it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• never been but hubby stayed at the Luxor before and loved it.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 6:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I've never been but I bumped ya.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I've been; stayed at the Luxor. Vegas was fun but for me, it's one of those trips that you do once in your lifetime ... and never again cuz once is more than enough (unless you're a huge gambler, which I'm not). Friend just went and came back talking about how expensive it was compared to years ago. Hope you have fun!
    Anonymous