which formula should i try if...

my 2 month old son has really bad gas bubbles, passes gas constantly, spits up, cries after feeding and does not sleep for long before waking up again. he is also very constipated. he grunts and grunts and his faces turns all red. i started him on enfimil lipil and then switched to similac isomil advanced which is what he is currently on. any suggestions for a good formula?

ilovephoenix123

Asked by ilovephoenix123 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Isomil works great
    Anonymous

• i personally prefer enfamil but since wic only gave me similac thats what i used but because she was so constipated i had to add more water to her diet along with putting some apple juice in with her bottles. Try asking your doc if your baby could be lactose intolerant that might be the reason for the spitting up but remember babies spit up all the time too or he might be eating a little too much too.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 5:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• he is prob lactose int
    Anonymous

• wic will do isomil to
    Anonymous

• the isomil is still causing problems and its also soy. i heard good start is really good for easy digestion??
    ilovephoenix123

Answer by ilovephoenix123 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Enfamil gentleease or AR depending. I've had to change a few times myself because reflux. Try them for at least 3-4 days.....you will know if its working
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 6:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Mylicon drops are excellent too -- for helping settle a gassy stomach. Most stores have a generic version of them. I hope you find something to help your little man :(
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• enfamil Gentlelease or A.R. Lipil they are both great my son was having the same issues and we switched to gentlelease and he now does great =) also wat bottles do you use that might also have an effect on his gassiness...try the playtex drop ins they work wonders.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My daughter was on Good Start and we now have my son on it for the same reasons. It seems to help with the gas, constipation, and screaming because of the "comfort proteins". He still gets minor gas which is expected and when that happens I use Mylicon Drops. Also the bottles can cause gas as well. Try Avent, Playtex drop-ins, or Dr. Brown's bottles. Good Luck!
    tealsangel

Answer by tealsangel at 8:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My son has been on Soy and Milk based formula and I can tell you that he had ALOT of problems with constipation on soy. I would say to try a formula with gentle somewhere in the name. I also found that the liquid/concetrate was better for my little guy. The powder stuff just wasn't thick enough for him so he would spit up.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 8:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008