My fiance 16 yr. old daughter is pregnant, how should I treat her, as still a child or an adult?

MaggiePoo88

Asked by MaggiePoo88 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• At that age, treat her like a young adult. She's not completely mature yet, but she is not a child any more. Treat her like you would any other pregnant person.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• As pregnant child. She will need lots of emotional and financial support as well as a lot of help. How does your fiance feel?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• As a child that is pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Both. She still needs guidance but she always need to be treated as an adult so she can grow up and be a good mother.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think being sensitive to the fact that she is only 16 and carrying a child will be necessary since she will need someone to be there for her.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thank you for your comments. My fiance was very hurt and angry at first. They talked to each other on sunday and things are better. He is disappointed and excited at the same time. He told her we are here for her and if she need to talk or needs anything to call. I got to talk to her a little and she is scared. I told her that I love her and that I am here for her.
    MaggiePoo88

Comment by MaggiePoo88 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Good for you and your fiance. I'd be hurt and disappointed at first too, but it doesn't mean her life is over or ruined. Plus, children are a blessing.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree, his daughter lives with her mom and like I told my fiance, we get to spoil the baby rotten and send the baby home and they have to put up with it. I told him, you will get to be a full fledged grandparent. He has already pick what he wants to be called, he chose Pa Paw and I have pick NaNa. She made me feel real good because she has said I would be a grandparent even though me and her father are not yet married.
    MaggiePoo88

Comment by MaggiePoo88 (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• not much you really can do in your position...just try to be her friend
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would be her friend but her mother is that and its not in a good way. Her mother has always been her friend and not a mother. Her mother has had men come and go in their home and thats the only role model she has had. I just hope she will be a better mother and mom to her child.
    MaggiePoo88

Comment by MaggiePoo88 (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010