Delivery

Im 33 weeks when will the doctors start talking to me about the delivery process? This is my first pregnancy I know nothing.

ahsweetness

Asked by ahsweetness at 7:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They may not or if they do they may only go over the basics. The best thing to do is to read read read.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree! Start reading NOW! With my first pregnancy I knew nothing. I took a child birth class and still wasn't prepared at all!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Bring it up at your next appointment and good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Also make list of questions for your doctor if you need help coming up with some there are a million moms who would love to help you compile a list to ask or look up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with the other two ladies read and also ask other moms what their experience was.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My midwife does the birth plan at the 36 wk appointment. Im not sure if all are the dame tho. I would just bring it up at the next appoimtment :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!!!
    ahsweetness

Comment by ahsweetness (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• do your research now and then you will know what topics you want to bring up to the ob. you don't have to wait for them to initiate a topic....you can talk about whatever you want whenever you want. my ob talked to me about that on the first appointment so that if there was something we didn't see eye to eye on there would be time to resolve the issue or switch doctors if needed.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ask the doctor.. have a list of questions you want to know... and what you think they should go over with you.. next doc visit pull it out and tell them you have a few things you want to talk about... when you feel they have answered ALL of your questions well enough and you feel comfortable.. say thanks.. some docs dont think to do it.. so let them know you want to know everything you can
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think the majority of doctors view it as your responsibility to educate yourself about what to expect during labor. They are only concerned with the pathology of labor and birth. You should be offered a birth class at your local hospital or you could take a private class, such as The Bradley Method (highly recommended!!) or Birthing From Within.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010