how much is a reasonable amount to pay for a wii?

i want to buy one for my kids this christmas, and was wondering what a good price is. i was thinking they will be on sale more closer to christmas, but i don't want to be scrambling to get one before they sell out either lol. and can you buy them with just the regular controller and just the system itself? all of the ones i have seen so far have a special package (like sports or fitness, etc.) and i think the games i want to get them just use the regular controller. thanks so much.as you can tell....i'm clueless lmao

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Shopping

• 199 and definitly get an extra controller and rechargable staiotn for the controllers no batteries ever again!!!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• They usually don't go lower than $199. They are very basic so make sure you buy another controller, the motion plus, and another game too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I dont think they will be selling out this year like they have in past years since they are "new" anymore. I paid $250 last year for a package deal from walmart...it came with the regular wii (console,1 wand and controller,and the wii fitness game) an extra controller and wand, and a game of my choice off of a list. It was a pretty good deal. They may have a good deal on them closer to black friday, also watch for walmart and toys r us to have a deal if you buy the wii you get a gift card for a certain amount, then you can use the gift card for other things that you were planning to buy and save money that way.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• $199

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ditto
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think I saw them advertised somewhere recently for like $170 - WalMart? If I find the ad I will repost where it's for (although I'm thinking it was Target)

Answer by missanc at 8:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• $199.99 + tax
    DeBee13

Answer by DeBee13 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010