Who Proposed?

You or him?

My husband asked me on my 21 birthday.

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• We were riding around one day and he said "what do you want to do today"...I said "if you don't want to marry me lets go get the kids from daycare"...he says" ok I'll marry you"...we were married 3 hours later. I guess he really didn't want to get the kiddos :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Neither. We just had a discussion and decided it was a good idea to marry. I guess we were right,in December we celebrate 11 yrs!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• it was a mutual decision. not romantic i guess lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Neither of us did. I mean there were moments, like when he was helping me leave my cheating, manipulative ex, when he would say things like "I wish you would just leave him and let me take care of you for the rest of your life", but when we were talking about me leaving my ex for him we both knew it wasn't just a let's try it thing, we both knew it was a forever thing (our history was a long one, so we knew if we were finally getting back together, after 8 years of wanting to, it would be it). He would say things like "I'm ready to start life's journey with you", etc, but we never specifically talked about marriage, even though we knew that is what would eventually happen.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• After we had been back together about 9 months we found out I was pregnant and kind of looked at each other and started making plans - I guess we figured it was just as good a time as any, since we were going to do it anyway - and threw together an intimate ceremony with his cousins, who ended up moving the next day, so we probably would have done it the same time even if we weren't pregnant, because they were the only ones we could imagine standing beside us, being there. (they're our best friends, lol)

We've been married almost 3 1/2 years now, and if anything wish we had only been able to do it sooner! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• he did. he asked my dad and mom at a get together at my BIL's for easter.. a few days later on easter.. he had a huge giant egg that said Happy Easter My Love inside was full of candy and a smaller egg.. he didnt tell anyone how he was going to do it so when we were easter egg hunting (me and my little girl) we found it and i looked up to him (with my mom sister and aunts who noticed what was going on) all there and he told me how much he loved me and my little girl and wanted to spend the rest of his life with us... it was super sweet!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I asked him the day after his 18th birthday when we went out. It just came out of my mouth lol. It wasn't planned at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Both of them asked in very crappy ways. I should have said no but hindsight is 20/20. I was just so thrilled to say I was getting married with no thought to what that actually meant. A proposal is a reflection of how they see you in their life. It doesn't have to be flambouyant but it does have to be special.
    Both of my proposals were done in a very not special way and really didn't feel genuine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Really I did and then I was chickening out, but he made me stick with it and we've been married for 21 yrs now
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My then boyfriend proposed to me right after we ordered a pizza from our favorite 'place' and had to go pick it up!
    LPCook

Answer by LPCook at 8:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010