Any moms here Step-Mothers???

What kind of relationship do you have with the child mother?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 8:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am but the mother is an awful woman and won't let us visit with DH's daughter. She is 13 and we are taking her to court to allow visitation and summers with us since the daughter is now 13 and has a say in things.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Wonderful and it helps that I wasn't the reason of their divorce. Even they get along without animosity.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yep. Non existent. We hate each other. However, even though she is more than willing to bash me to the children, I will never say a bad word about her in front of them, or around someone that would repeat it, and I am always cordial when I am forced to meet with her face to face.

Now, my children's step-mom and me get along fabulously. She is smart, beautiful, and a great role-model for my children. I am EXTREMELY blessed to have her. Sometimes we get jealous of each other, but it is nothing we can't express to the other calmly.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 8:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yeppers
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 8:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'm a stepmom and I get along better with her then my husband does
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i am a step mom and love my husbands ex. i figure i dont have a reason to not like her.
    jerynhooey

Answer by jerynhooey at 8:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my husband was never married go my stepson mother but we have ok realtionship i did not know her son was my husbands till after we started dateing me and her was best friends till i married my husband and we had our son
    CarlaJean99

Answer by CarlaJean99 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am a step mom, the relationships with the children's mothers were either non existent, or grew to be polite/cordial when we HAD to be in the same place. My step children are all adults now, I am glad.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am a stepmom and me and my Lil D's mother isnt around at all so I dont have a relationship with her at all. I have never even met her.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010