Is spaghetti good finger food for a two year-old?

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 8:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sure but I'd opt for the macaroni or smaller finger size ones in whole wheat.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• By 2 they should be able to use utensils.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Sure. I give it to my child all the time. Think we're actually having spaghetti tonight too. It's a big messy, but very healthy.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My kids love it! It's an excellent choice for tiny kids! Fun for them too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• By 2, most kids still don't have very good utensil skills...especially when it comes to spagetti.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes, but I would offer a fork or spoon with it for practice. Even if they end up just dropping the fork to use their hands, it's good to offer utensils with most meals. It is definitely messy, but my DS loves it! We usually cut it up a little for him, so it's easier to manage too.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't consider spagetti a finger food, but my two year old does like it, she just eats it with a fork
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes it is. my 2 1/2 yo son loves pasta. he will have a fork in one hand and using his hands. we cut it in small pieces so he can pick it up with his fork , or hands. whichever is easiest.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Forgot to add, cut it up really good or else they sometimes get peices stuck half in thier mouth and half down thier throat and it gags them
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes. My son has been eating Speghetti since he was a year old. I cut it up into smaller pieces though, so that he doesn't accidentially swallow one part while chewing on the other. He loves Speghetti.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010